Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 10-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Original Research Articles: The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor). Prior to acceptance and publication in PsyRB, authors may make their submissions available as preprints on personal or public websites (see Preprint Policy).
- Acknowledging and citing previous work: Previous or concurrent publications of the author(s) based on the same or closely related research are properly acknowledged and cited. It is made clear in the manuscript in which way(s) it represents a novel contribution to warrant consideration for publication in PsyRB. Note: Replications of previous work are explicitly welcomed if identified as such.
- Authorship: All authors of the submitted manuscript are named in the submission/cover letter (and additionally will be named in Step 3 of the submission process). All authors of the submitted manuscript are aware of and approve its submission to PsyRB. Contributions that fall short of authorship are mentioned in the Acknowledgments section of the submission/cover letter. (For criteria of authorship see the Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct, Standard 8.12, Publication Credit, of the American Psychological Association (APA). Responsibility for authorship decisions lies entirely with the authors.)
- Consent for data storage: All authors of the submitted manuscript consent to the storage of their personal data transferred in conjunction with the submission and in accordance with the Journal's Privacy Statement.
- Ethical Standards: In the case of empirical research: The study received appropriate ethical review and clearance, thus meeting all ethical standards for research.
- Use of Copyrighted Materials: No copyrighted material is used unless that material has also been made available under a CC-BY license.
- File Format: File format of the manuscript is MS Word (.doc or .docx).
Stylistic and bibliographic requirements: The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements of Psychological Research (in the Balkans):
The policy of Writing Style:
- Precise your language, use clear and concrete words so that to convey the information in an easy-to-understand message;
- Write as short sentences as you can because they are easier and faster to be read and understood;
- Avoid redundant words;
- Avoid wordy phrases;
- Use Past tense or Present perfect when reviewing the Literature (or whenever discussing other researchers` work);
- Use Past tense or Present perfect when describing the Method of procedure;
- Use Past tense when reporting results;
- Use Present tense when discussing the implications of results;
- Use Present tense when presenting conclusions, limitations, future directions, and so forth.
- Despite the huge debate on writing in the active voice rather than in passive voice, Psychological Research (in the Balkans) reserves its rights to prefer for academic writing, passive voice when authors describing a process, results of the study, or similar material which is objective in nature. The active voice is to be used carefully when explaining actions with the attention not to do the description in an informal and daily language.
- Use gender-neutral language and singular “They”;
- Pay attention to punctuation, commas, and periods because they regulate the flow of expressed information in writings.
See also APA 7th Edition:
Ensuring a Blind Review: all biographical details are removed from submission for peer review purposes in accordance with the instructions for Ensuring a Blind Review. A cover letter with biographical details is submitted as a supplementary file.
Anonymised submission includes:
Running head: short title (one line), no more than 50 characters including spaces
Abstract: no more than 250 words
Keywords: 5 keywords or brief phrases separated by commas
Main article body including tables and figures
References: APA style (7th Edition)
Appendices (if any): Appendix A, Appendix B, etc.
Cover letter (as supplementary file) includes:
Affiliation (for each author): Institution, City, Country
Corresponding author's contact address: full postal and email address
Biographical statement (one paragraph) for each author
Acknowledgement (if applicable): Any significant, non-financial support from other persons or organisations should be acknowledged.
Funding/financial disclosure (if applicable): All sources of funding should be declared.
Competing interests (if applicable): Financial and personal relationships of any author with other people or organisations that could inappropriately influence the work should be declared.
Download cover letter in English.
Fill in the cover letter on your computer.
You can upload your cover letter on the next step - 2. Upload Submission along with the article and other materials related to the article.
Headings: For all headings in text the heading level (hierarchical order) is unambiguously indicated by the respective heading style. All heading levels are used in order and without skipping a level (e.g. “Heading Level 3” is used only inside a “Heading Level 2” section).
Note: You may want to use MS Word styles to clearly distinguish between the different heading levels.
Citations and References: Citations in text and the reference list conform to APA style (7th Edition).
Note: Particular care should be taken to ensure that references are accurate and complete. Authors bear responsibility for the accuracy of all references and quotations. References should be listed in alphabetical order. Each listed reference should be cited in the text, and each text citation should be listed in the References.
See also APA 7th Edition: https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/references
- The authors agree to the terms of this Copyright Notice, which will apply to this submission if and when it is published by this journal (comments to the editor can be added below).
When uploading the article text on Step 2, don't forget to upload two versions:
1. The full article text.
2. The article text with all biographical details removed.
See Ensuring a Blind Review for a reference.
Please, name the files accordingly.
The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. It includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process; it is used to informs readers about the authorship and editing of content; and it enables collecting aggregated data on readership behaviors.
This journal’s editorial team uses this data to guide its work in publishing and improving this journal. The data will not be sold by this journal nor will it be used for purposes other than those stated here. The authors published in this journal are responsible for the human subject data that figures in the research reported here.
Those involved in editing this journal seek to be compliant with industry standards for data privacy, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provision for "data subject rights" that include (a) breach notification, (b) right of access, (c) the right to be forgotten, (d) data portability, and (e) privacy by design. The GDPR also allows for the recognition of “the public interest in the availability of the data,” which has a particular saliency for those involved in maintaining, with the greatest integrity possible, the public record of scholarly publishing.